Performing Selected Items Restore
In case of unexpected configuration changes, you can restore only specific items of the Amazon VPC configuration from a VPC configuration backup.
If you restore only specific VPC configuration items, you will not be able to choose a location. By default, Veeam Backup for AWS will restore these items to the original location.
How Selected Items Restore Works
To restore specific items of the VPC configuration from a backup, Veeam Backup for AWS performs the following steps:
- Retrieves from the Veeam Backup for AWS database the backed-up VPC configuration data on items added to a restore list.
- Validates the restore operation: sends API request to AWS to verify that AWS service quotas are not exceeded and there are no subnet CIDR block conflicts.
- Retrieves information on existing items and their settings in the current Amazon VPC configuration.
- Validates the restore list: sends API requests to AWS to check whether any of the selected VPC configuration items depend on other items that are missing from the current VPC configuration.
In case any VPC configuration items on which the selected items depend are missing, Veeam Backup for AWS allows the user to add the missing items to the restore list.
- Restores the selected items of the backed-up VPC configuration:
- Creates the missing VPC configuration items.
- Modifies settings of the existing items that do not match the backed-up settings.
Consider the following:
How to Perform Selected Items Restore
To restore specific items of the VPC configuration, complete the following steps: