Specifying Weekly Schedule
To create a weekly schedule for the backup policy, at the Schedule step of the wizard, do the following:
- Set the Weekly schedule toggle to On and click Edit Weekly Settings.
- In the Create weekly schedule window, select weekdays when the backup policy must create file system backups and backup copies.
Veeam Backup for AWS does not create backup copies independently from file system backups. That is why when you select days to create backup copies, the same days are automatically selected for backups. To learn how Veeam Backup for AWS performs backup, see How Backup Works.
- Use the Create restore point at drop-down list to schedule a specific time for the backup policy to run.
- In the Weekly retention section, configure retention policy settings for the weekly schedule. For backups and backup copies, specify the number of days (or months) for which you want to keep restore points in a backup chain.
If a restore point is older than the specified time limit, Veeam Backup for AWS removes the restore point from the chain. For more information, see EFS Backup Retention.
- To save changes made to the backup policy settings, click Apply.