Performing Instant Recovery
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to use the Instant Recovery feature to restore VM instances from image-level backups to VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V environments, and to Nutanix AHV clusters. For more information, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for VMware vSphere, Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide for Microsoft Hyper-V and Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV User Guide, section Instant Recovery.
Before you start the restore operation, make sure to add to the backup infrastructure a vCenter Server, a Microsoft Hyper-V server or a Nutanix AHV cluster that will manage restored VM instances, as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Adding VMware vSphere Servers, Adding Microsoft Hyper-V Servers or Adding Nutanix AHV Cluster.
To perform Instant Recovery, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Home view.
- Navigate to Backups > External Repository.
- Expand the backup policy that protects a VM instance that you want to recover, and select the necessary VM instance.
- Click Instant Recovery on the ribbon, and select VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V or Nutanix AHV.
- Depending on the selected Instant Recovery option, complete the Instant Recovery wizard as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Performing Instant Recovery of Workloads to VMware vSphere VMs, Performing Instant Recovery of Workloads to Hyper-V VMs or Performing Instant Recovery of Workloads to Nutanix AHV.