General Requirements and Limitations
[For VM Agent integration] Backup infrastructure for storage snapshots has the following requirements and limitations:
IPv6 is supported for the following storage systems:
- Dell Unity XT/Unity, VNXe
- Dell PowerStore
- Fujitsu ETERNUS HX/AX (management connections only)
- Hitachi VSP (data connections for VSP 5000; management and data connections for others)
- HPE Primera, HPE Alletra 9000
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ (management connections only)
- IBM (all supported systems, management connections only)
- NEC Storage M Series (management connections only)
- NEC Storage V Series
- NetApp (except 7-mode)
- Pure Storage FlashArray
If only management IPv6 connection is supported for a storage system, you can add this storage system to backup infrastructure using IPv6 address. However, all data traffic will be transferred over IPv4.
Temporary IPv6 addresses are not supported for backup infrastructure components and backed-up machines. For more information about using temporary addresses, see this RFC section.
To use IPv6 addresses and resolve names using IPv6, configure IPv6 communication as described in IPv6 Support.
For Kerberos requirements and limitations, see Kerberos Authentication Requirements and Limitations.