Prerequisites for API Integrated Systems
[For Veeam Agent integration] Before you add storage systems to Veeam Backup & Replication, check the following prerequisites:
- You must install the storage system plug-in. For more information, see Installing Storage System Plug-Ins.
- For Fujitsu ETERNUS storage systems, you must obtain and install the Veeam Storage Integration license on the storage system.
The Veeam Storage Integration license is free of charge. You can obtain the license from the Fujitsu website.
- Fujitsu ETERNUS storage plug-in will not work with FIPS policy enabled on the Veeam Backup & Replication server.
- For Tintri IntelliFlash/ Western Digital IntelliFlash/Tegile storage systems, make sure that multiple proxy servers are not part of a single Initiator Group object.
- For NEC Storage M Series, you must obtain and install the following licenses on the storage system:
- Volume Clone
To learn prerequisites for other API integrated systems, see the following Veeam KB articles:
- Veeam KB article 4200 on Dell PowerMax limitations
- Veeam KB article 4243 on Dell PowerStore limitations
- Veeam KB article 4191 on Hitachi VSP limitations
- Veeam KB article 4194 on HPE XP limitations
- Veeam KB article 4274 on NEC Storage M Series limitations