Before You Begin
Before you install the Veeam Backup & Replication console, consider the following:
- The Veeam Backup & Replication console must be of the same version as Veeam Backup & Replication installed on the backup server.
- A machine on which you plan to install the Veeam Backup & Replication console must meet the system requirements. For more information, see System Requirements.
- A user account that you plan to use for installation must have sufficient permissions. For more information, see Permissions.
- Backup infrastructure components communicate with each other over specific ports. These ports must be open. For more information, see Ports.
- We do not recommend installing the Veeam Backup & Replication console on the machine that is used in the role of a different backup infrastructure component, for example, as a backup repository. Different components have different services installed on the server. Upon upgrading the console to the new version, your backup infrastructure may get out-of-order.