Veeam Backup & Replication provides detailed logging of performed activities, data protection and disaster recovery tasks.
Logs are stored on the backup server and all servers added to the backup infrastructure:
- On the backup server logs are stored in the following folders:
- Installation and upgrade logs - the %ProgramData%\Veeam\Setup\Temp folder.
- Logs for the Veeam Backup & Replication console and other user specific logs - the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Veeam\Backup folder.
- Logs for jobs, components and services - the %ProgramData%\Veeam\Backup folder. Veeam Backup & Replication creates separate folders for jobs and also separate log files or folders for components and services.
- Logs for PowerShell cmdlets - the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Veeam\Backup\VeeamPowerShell.log file.
- On Linux servers, logs are stored in the /var/log/VeeamBackup or /tmp/VeeamBackup directory.
- On Microsoft Windows servers and Hyper‑V hosts, logs are stored in the %ProgramData%\Veeam\Backup folder.
You can change default log files settings, for example, logs location and size. For more information, see this Veeam KB article.
To collect log files from the backup server and servers managed by Veeam Backup & Replication, use the Export Logs wizard as described in section Exporting Logs.