Step 8. Configure Helper Appliance
At the Helper Appliance Settings step of the wizard, you can specify helper appliance settings. A helper appliance is an auxiliary Linux-based instance used to upload disks of a backed-up workload to Google Compute Engine. For more information on the helper appliance and requirements for it, see Helper Appliances.
To specify helper appliance settings, do the following:
- Select the Use the helper appliance check box.
- Click Customize.
- From the Machine type list, select the instance type for the helper appliance.
- From the VPC list, select the VPC network for the helper appliance.
- From the Subnet list, select the subnet for the helper appliance.
- In the Redirector port field, specify the port that Veeam Backup & Replication will use to route requests between the helper appliance and backup infrastructure components.