Step 9. Specify Secure Restore Settings
This step is available if you restore Microsoft Windows VMs.
You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to scan machine data with antivirus software and YARA rules before restoring the machine to the production environment.
To specify secure restore settings:
- To use antivirus software as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with an antivirus engine check box. For more information on antivirus scan, see Antivirus Scan (Secure Restore).
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.1 (build 126.96.36.1991) and later] To use a YARA rule as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with the following YARA rule check box and choose a YARA rule from the drop-down list.
For a YARA rule to appear in the drop-down list, it must be placed in the YaraRules folder in the Veeam Backup & Replication product folder. For more information, see YARA Scan for Scan Backup.
To copy the path to the folder with YARA rules, click Copy YARA rules location to clipboard.
- Select which action Veeam Backup & Replication will take if scan finds a virus threat:
- Proceed with recovery but disable network adapters. Select this action if you want to restore the machine with disabled network adapters (NICs).
- Abort VM recovery. Select this action if you want to cancel the restore session.
- Select the Continue scanning all remaining files after the first occurrence (Scan the entire image – for version 12 (build 188.8.131.520)) check box if you want to continue machine scan after the first malware is found. For information on how to view results of the malware scan, see Viewing Malware Scan Results.