Step 9. Specify Secure Restore Settings
This step is available if you restore Microsoft Windows VMs.
You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to perform secure restore — scan machine data with antivirus software before restoring the machine to the production environment. For more information on secure restore, see Secure Restore.
To specify secure restore settings:
- At the Secure Restore step of the wizard, select the Scan the restored machine for malware prior to performing the recovery check box.
- Select which action Veeam Backup & Replication will take if the antivirus software finds a virus threat:
- Proceed with recovery but disable network adapters. Select this action if you want to restore the machine with disabled network adapters (NICs).
- Abort VM recovery. Select this action if you want to cancel the restore session.
- Select the Scan the entire image check box if you want the antivirus software to continue the machine data scan after the first malware is found. For information on how to view results of the malware scan, see Viewing Malware Scan Results.