The Move to capacity tier option allows you to:
- Manually offload selected backup files to object storage repositories.
Consider that backup files you want to offload must belong to an inactive backup chain. For more information, see Backup Chain Legitimacy.
- Remove blocks of data that were copied, as described in Copying to Performance Tier or Downloading Offloaded Data.
Mind that such copied blocks will only be removed from the extents, not from object storage.
To move backup data to capacity tier, do the following:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select the Backups > Disk node.
- In the working area, right-click a backup job and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, right-click a backup file that you want to offload and select Move to capacity tier.
Alternatively, you can use the Move to capacity tier control at the bottom.
- Select either of the following options:
- For .vib/.vbk backup files:
- This backup and all dependent increments — to offload the selected backup along with its increments or to remove the copied blocks of data from the selected backup and its increments.
- For .vbk backup files:
- This backup — to offload the selected full backup only or to remove the copied blocks of data from such a full backup.
- This backup and all dependent increments — to offload the selected full backup along with its increments or to remove the copied blocks of data from the selected backup and its increments.