Before You Begin
Before you restore a machine to Google Compute Engine, mind the following requirements and limitations:
- The Veeam backup server and repositories with machine backup files must have access to the Internet.
If backup files are located on deduplicating storage appliances or shared folder repositories, the Internet connection is required for gateway servers that communicate with these repositories.
- You must have a backup of the machine that you plan to restore to Google Compute Engine.
- Make sure that the Cloud Build API is enabled. For more information on enabling the Cloud Build API and other requirements for importing virtual disks into Google Compute Engine, see the Google Cloud Documentation.
- Make sure the IAM service account that you plan to use to restore VM instances to Google Compute Engine has permissions to restore to Google Compute Engine. For more information, see Google Compute Engine IAM User Permissions.
- If you restore machines from backups of virtual and physical machines (non-Google Compute Engine virtual machines), check the supported operating systems and their differences from standard images in the Google Cloud documentation.
- If you plan to assign Google labels to the restored machine, check limitations for labels in the Google Cloud documentation.