Step 4. Specify Mount Server Settings
At the Mount Server step of the wizard, specify settings for the mount server that you plan to use for restore operations, and configure a helper appliance. The helper appliance is a temporary host that Veeam Backup & Replication deploys on your Microsoft Azure Blob storage to perform a health check of backup files and apply retention to NAS backup files. For more information, see Health Check for Object Storage Repositories and Helper Appliance in NAS Backup. After Veeam Backup & Replication completes these operations, it removes the helper appliance from the Microsoft Azure Blob storage.
Consider the following:
Specifying Mount Server Settings
To specify the mount server settings, do the following:
- From the Mount Server drop-down list, select a server that you want to use as a mount server. Veeam Backup & Replication uses this server during restore operations to mount VM disks directly from objects located in object storage repositories. For more information, see Mount Server.
The Mount Server list contains only Microsoft Windows servers that are added to the backup infrastructure. If the server is not added to the backup infrastructure yet, click Add New on the right to open the New Windows Server wizard. For more information, see Adding Microsoft Windows Servers.
- In the Instant recovery write cache folder field, specify a folder to keep cache that is created during mount operations.
Configuring Helper Appliance
To configure the helper appliance, at the Mount Server step, click Configure and in the Helper Appliance Settings window, specify the following settings:
- From the Subscription drop-down list, select your Microsoft Azure subscription credentials.
If you have not set up credentials beforehand, click Add. You will be prompted to the Specify Microsoft Azure Compute Account Name wizard. Follow the wizard to add your account. Before adding your Microsoft Azure account, check the prerequisites.
- From the Size drop-down list, select the size of the helper appliance.
- From the Resource group drop-down list, select a resource group that will be associated with the helper appliance.
To be able to select the necessary resource group from the drop-down list, you must create it beforehand as described in the Microsoft Docs.
- From the Virtual network drop-down list, select a network to which the helper appliance must be connected.
To be able to select the necessary network from the drop-down list, you must create it beforehand as described in the Microsoft Docs.
- From the Subnet drop-down list, select a subnet for the helper appliance.
To be able to select the necessary subnet from the drop-down list, you must create it beforehand as described in the Microsoft Docs.
- In the Redirector port field, specify the port that Veeam Backup & Replication will use to route requests between the helper appliance and backup infrastructure components.