Before you add an SMB file share to the inventory of the virtual infrastructure, check the following prerequisites:
- SMB file share must run on SMB version 1, 2 or 3.
- To support the VSS for SMB File Shares feature, make sure that requirements listed in this Veeam KB article are met.
- To correctly back up SACL (Ownership) files and folders from the SMB share and restore them:
- When you are specifying access settings for the SMB file share, select the This share requires access credentials check box.
- Make sure that the account you use to access the file share is either added to the Backup Operators group or has the SeBackupPrivilege and SeRestorePrivilege privileges in Windows Server on the file share.
- If you plan to use a devoted file proxy server or cache repository, make sure these components are added in Backup Infrastructure.
To add an SMB file share: