Before you create and start a recovery verification job, check the following prerequisites:
- A valid license for Enterprise Edition of Veeam Backup & Replication must be installed on the backup server.
- All applications and services on which verified VMs are dependent must be virtualized in your environment.
- You must create or connect a virtual lab. For more information, see sections Creating Virtual Lab and Connecting to Existing Virtual Lab.
- If you plan to scan VM data for malware, check requirements and limitations.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a ping test, the firewall on tested VMs must allow ping requests.
- If you plan to verify VMs with a heartbeat test, Hyper-V Integration Services must be installed in tested VMs.
- To open a console of a verified VM, you must have the RDP client version 7.0 and later installed on the backup server. The RDP client is pre-installed on Microsoft Windows 7 OS and later.
Mind the following limitations:
- You cannot link to SureBackup jobs VMs from backups created with backup copy jobs and backups stored on cloud backup repositories.
- The source backup job has a higher priority than the SureBackup job. If the source backup job starts when the SureBackup job is running, and this job is about to modify the restore point from which the VM is started, Veeam Backup & Replication automatically powers off VMs in the virtual lab and completes the SureBackup job.