You can receive SNMP traps or email notifications about created malware detection events. To do this, perform the following steps:
- From the main menu, select Malware Detection > Notifications.
- If you want to receive SNMP traps, select the Send SNMP notifications for detected malware check box. For more information, see Configuring Global SNMP Settings.
- If you want to receive email notifications, select the Send email notifications to the following recipients check box and specify one or several email addresses separated with a semicolon. You can use global notification settings or specify custom notification settings as required. For more information, see Configuring Global Email Notification Settings.
Veeam Backup & Replication sends the following email notifications:
- Daily report is sent when the Veeam Data Analyzer Service restarts the malware detection session (once a day at 12:00 AM) or when you restart the service manually. The report contains consolidated data about all malware detection events that were created within the last 24 hours.
- Immediate report is sent each time a malware detection event is created. If several events were created in 10 seconds, one report with consolidated data will be sent.