Limitations for Archive Tier
In this article
The archive tier has the following limitations:
- Each type of repository that can be added as an archive extent is compatible only with corresponding type of repository configured as a capacity extent:
- To add Amazon S3 Glacier as an archive extent, select Amazon S3 repository in the capacity tier settings. If you do not have an Amazon S3 repository as a capacity extent of your scale-out backup repository, you must first configure it.
- To add Microsoft Azure Archive storage as an archive extent, select Microsoft Azure Blob repository in the capacity tier settings. If you do not have a Microsoft Azure Blob repository as a capacity extent of your scale-out backup repository, you must first configure it.
For more information on configuring capacity extents, see Add Capacity Tier.
- Microsoft Azure Archive storage does not support immutability.
- The following types of backup files are suitable for archive storage:
- Backup files with GFS flags assigned
- VeeamZIP backup files
- Exported backup files
- You cannot transport backup files from performance tier directly to the archive tier. Transportation to the archive tier is available only from the capacity tier.
- Incremental backup files cannot be stored in the archive tier.