Performance tier of a scale-out backup repository is the level used for fast access to the data.
The performance tier of a scale-out backup repository can comprise one or more performance extents. A performance extent is a backup repository or an object storage repository added to the scale-out backup repository. The list of the performance extents is displayed at the Add Performance Extents step of the New Scale-out Backup Repository wizard.
After you add a backup repository or an object storage repository to the scale-out backup repository, they no longer exist as individual backup repositories.
When a backup repository or an object storage repository is added as a performance extent, some of its original settings are kept, and some are not. The following settings are kept, or inherited:
- Number of tasks that can be performed simultaneously
- Read and write data rate limit
- Data decompression settings
- Block alignment settings
- Connection mode (using gateway server or direct)
- Object storage consumption (for object storage repositories)
The following settings are not inherited:
- Rotated drive settings. Rotated drive settings are ignored and cannot be configured at the level of the scale-out backup repository.
- Per-machine backup file settings. Per-machine settings can be configured at the level of the scale-out backup repository.
In This Section