Before you restore a machine to Microsoft Azure, check the following prerequisites:
- You must add a Microsoft Azure account to Veeam Backup & Replication. For more information, see Adding Microsoft Azure Accounts.
- You must configure the following objects in Microsoft Azure beforehand:
- Storage account whose resources you plan to use to store disks of the restored machine.
- Networks to which you plan to connect the restored machine.
For storage accounts and network configuration, you must use the same deployment model that you plan to use for machine restore.
- [For restore of Linux machines] You must configure a helper appliance in the location to which you plan to restore a machine. For more information, see Configuring Helper Appliances.
- [For restore process speed up] If you plan to restore machines to a distant location, you can configure Azure proxies through which machine disks will be transported to blob storage. For more information, see Configuring Microsoft Azure Proxies.
- You must create a backup of the machine that you want to restore in Microsoft Azure. For more information, see Creating Backup Files.
- You must check limitations for restoring machines to Microsoft Azure. For more information, see Restore to Microsoft Azure.
- You must set up correct time on the backup server. Otherwise the restore process may fail.