Veeam Backup & Replication offers the following types of recovery:
- VM recovery — to restore entire VMs to different data protection environments: to VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, Amazon EC2 and so on.
- Disk export — to convert disks of different workloads (EC2 instances, Microsoft Azure VMs and so on) in the VMDK, VHD or VHDX formats.
- Item recovery — to recover VM files, guest OS files and folders, and application items.
- Veeam Data Integration API — to get the backup content using the iSCSI or FUSE protocol and analyze data stored in this backup.
- Secure restore — to scan data with antivirus software before restoring it to the production environment.
Veeam Backup & Replication provides backward compatibility: backups created with previous product versions can be restored with later product versions. However, backups created with later product versions cannot be restored with previous product versions.