At the Helper Appliance step of the wizard, select a Microsoft Hyper-V host for placing the helper appliance.
To locate the helper appliance:
- At the bottom of the window, click Customize.
- In the Host field, select the Microsoft Hyper-V host on which the helper appliance will be registered.
- In the Network section, specify an IP address and other network settings for the helper appliance. The backup server and the mount server must have access to the helper appliance over the network.
- If you use VLAN IDs, in the VLAN ID field specify the correct VLAN ID of the network where the helper appliance must reside.
- To enable FTP access to the restored file system, select the Enable FTP server on appliance check box. As a result, users will be able to access the helper appliance via FTP, browse the file system of the restored VM and download necessary files on their own.
- Click OK.