Veeam Data Mover Service
Veeam Data Mover Service is a component that gives access to a host by enabling Veeam Data Movers – agents that are responsible for VM data processing and transfer.
If you do not wish Veeam Backup & Replication to install Veeam Data Mover Service, the user account specified for the server must not have root or elevated to root permission.
In Veeam Backup & Replication 11, Veeam Data Mover Service is required by Linux backup proxies. When you upgrade to this version, Linux hosts with proxy role will require update during which Veeam Data Mover Service will be installed. Linux hosts that did not have the proxy role will not require update and will be available through SSH connection. If you wish to install Veeam Data Mover Service on such host, right-click on your Linux host, select Properties and follow the steps of Edit Linux Server wizard.
- For Linux servers:
- Linux host version must be 64-bit.
- Veeam Backup & Replication will not deploy Veeam Data Mover Service on deduplicating storage appliances.
- If you want Veeam Backup & Replication to install Veeam Data Mover Service, the user account specified for the server must have root or elevated to root permission.
Otherwise, Veeam Data Mover Service will not be installed, but the host will still be available through SSH connection. In this case, Linux repository will not host the Veeam Data Mover permanently. When a task addresses a Linux repository, Veeam Backup & Replication will deploy and start the Veeam Data Mover on the backup repository.
- When you add a Linux host using single-use credentials, the user account still must have root or elevated to root permission in order for Veeam Data Mover Service to be installed.
- For Microsoft Hyper-V and Microsoft Windows servers: file and printer sharing must be enabled in network connection settings of the added server.