Apart from major version releases of Veeam Backup & Replication (e.g. 8.0, 9.0, 9.5), Veeam Software provides cumulative updates (e.g. 9.5 Update 2, 9.5 Update 3, 9.5 Update 3a). Cumulative updates contain bug fixes, performance enhancements and introduce new features.
- You can install the latest update only if you use Veeam Backup & Replication version 9.5. Thus, before updating, make sure you are using the major 9.5 version (specifically: 188.8.131.520, 184.108.40.2061, 220.127.116.112, 18.104.22.1683, 22.214.171.1248, 126.96.36.1995 or 188.8.131.526).
To upgrade from 9.0, or 8.0 Update 3, see Upgrading Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Disable all Veeam Backup & Replication jobs and finish all restore processes.
How to Update Veeam Backup & Replication
To update Veeam Backup & Replication, perform the following.
- Open the product download page: https://www.veeam.com/backup-replication-vcp-download.html.
- In the Download latest update section, click Overview/Download.
You will be redirected to the KB article where you can download the update.
- At the last section of the KB article, click DOWNLOAD UPDATE.
- Run the downloaded veeam_backup_9.5.X.XXXX.updateX_setup.exe file to launch the update wizard.
- In the update wizard, click Next.
You might need to close the Veeam Backup & Replication processes in the Task Manager.
- Select the Update remote components automatically and click Install.