Step 8. Specify Secure Restore Settings
This step is available if you recover workloads with Microsoft Windows OS and recover them to a new location or with different settings.
You can instruct Veeam Backup & Replication to scan machine data with antivirus software and YARA rules before restoring the machine to the production environment.
To specify secure restore settings:
- To use antivirus software as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with an antivirus engine check box. For more information on antivirus scan, see Antivirus Scan (Secure Restore).
- [For Veeam Backup & Replication version 12.1 (build 18.104.22.1681) and later] To use a YARA rule as a scan engine, select the Scan the restore point with the following YARA rule check box and choose a YARA rule from the drop-down list.
For a YARA rule to appear in the drop-down list, it must be placed in the YaraRules folder in the Veeam Backup & Replication product folder. For more information, see YARA Scan for Scan Backup.
To copy the path to the folder with YARA rules, click Copy YARA rules location to clipboard.
- Select which action Veeam Backup & Replication will take if scan finds a virus threat:
- Proceed to recovery but disable VM network adapters — if you want to restore VMs with disabled network adapters (NICs).
- Abort VM recovery — if you want to cancel the restore session.
- Select the Continue scanning all remaining files after the first occurrence (Scan the entire image – for version 12 (build 22.214.171.1240)) check box if you want to continue scanning VM data after the first malware is found. For information on how to view results of the malware scan, see Viewing Malware Scan Results.