You can edit passwords you have created using the Password Manager.
To edit a password:
- From the main menu, select Credentials and Passwords > Encryption Passwords. Alternatively, you can use job properties to edit the password:
- Open the Home view.
- In the inventory pane, select Jobs.
- In the working area, right-click the backup or backup copy job and select Edit.
- At the Storage step of the wizard (for backup job) or Target step of the wizard (for backup copy job), click Advanced.
- Click the Storage tab.
- In the Encryption section of the Advanced Setting window, select the Enable backup file encryption check box and click the Manage passwords link.
Veeam Backup & Replication will open the Password Manager.
- In the Password Manager, select the password and click Edit.
- Edit the password data: hint and password, as required.
After you edit the password, you do not need to perform any other actions. Veeam Backup & Replication will start using the changed password after a job runs for the next time. Before the job run, the old password is still used. For more information on which password to use when you restore data, see Restoring Data from Encrypted Backups.