To copy a VM backup to a secondary location, you must configure a backup copy job. The backup copy job defines how, where and when to copy VM backups. One job can be used to process backups of one or more VMs.
You can configure a job and start it immediately or save the job to start it later. Jobs can be started manually or scheduled to run automatically at specific time.
Before creating a job, check prerequisites. Then use the New Backup Copy Job wizard to configure a backup copy job.
- Launch the New Backup Copy Job wizard
- Specify the job name and description
- Select VMs to process
- Exclude objects from the backup copy job
- Select backup repositories
- Define VM processing order
- Define the backup copy target
- Map a backup file
- Specify advanced settings
- Specify data path settings
- Define the backup copy window
- Finish working with the wizard