Step 3. Specify Object Storage Settings
At the Container step of the wizard, specify the container and folder that will be used to store data:
- From the Container drop-down list, select a container.
Make sure that the container where you want to store your backup data was created in advance.
The default Root container is not supported. For more information about this container, see Microsoft Docs.
- In the Folder field, enter a cloud folder name to which you want to map your object storage repository. Alternatively, click Browse and either select an existing folder or click New Folder.
- Select the Limit object storage consumption to check box to define a soft limit that can be exceeded temporarily for your object storage consumption. Provide the value in TB or PB.
- Select the Make recent backups immutable for check box to prohibit deletion of blocks of data from object storage. Specify the immutability period. For more information, see Immutability.
- If you plan to access your backup data in an infrequent manner, select the Use Cool Tier (may result in higher cost) check box. Veeam Backup & Replication will keep blocks of data in the Cool access tier. For more information on the Cool tier, see Microsoft Docs.
If you do not use this option, Veeam Backup & Replication will use the access tier that you have set up for the storage account.