Managing Tapes in Vault
When you have tapes placed to vaults, you can move them to another vault or remove from vault. When you remove tapes from a vault, they are still available in the Offline list or in their media pool.
To move tapes to another vault:
- Open the Tape Infrastructure view and select the Vaults node. Select the vault where the needed tapes are stored.
- In the working area, right-click the tapes you want to move and select Move to Vault. Select the target vault.
To remove tape from vault:
- Open the Tape Infrastructure view and select the Vaults node. Select the vault you need.
- In the working area, right-click the tapes you want to remove and select Remove from Vault.
The tapes are removed from vault automatically in the following situations:
- A tape comes online. It will re-appear in the vault when it goes offline if it was not erased or overwritten.
- A tape is removed from catalog.
- A tape is marked as free.