Before You Begin
Before you add a Microsoft Hyper-V server to the backup infrastructure, check the following prerequisites:
- Check permissions required to add the server. For more information, see Permissions.
- Make sure that you do not add to the backup infrastructure Hyper-V hosts or clusters managed by an SCVMM server if this SCVMM server is already added to the backup infrastructure.
- File and printer sharing must be enabled in network connection settings of the added Microsoft Hyper-V host. On every connected Microsoft Hyper-V host, Veeam Backup & Replication deploys a set of components:
- Veeam Installer Service
- Veeam Data Mover
- Veeam Hyper-V Integration Service
If file and printer sharing is not enabled on the host, Veeam Backup & Replication will fail to deploy these components.
- [For SCVMM] SCVMM Admin UI must be installed on the backup server. Otherwise, you will not be able to add SCVMM servers to the backup infrastructure.
SCVMM console version must match the management server version.
- Make sure that the NETBIOS name of the Microsoft Hyper-V Server is successfully resolved.
- If you get the "Invalid Credentials" error when adding a Hyper-V host using a local account, see this Veeam KB article.
- Veeam Backup & Replication ignores the SCVMM maintenance mode on Hyper-V hosts and Hyper-V cluster nodes. That is, Veeam Backup & Replication continues all data protection activities and allows to launch new ones.