To back up VMs, you must configure a backup job. The backup job defines how, where and when to back up VM data. One job can be used to process one or more VMs.
You can configure a backup job and start it immediately or save the job and run it later. Jobs can be started manually or scheduled to run automatically at specific time.
Before creating a backup job, check prerequisites. Then use the New Backup Job wizard to configure the backup job.
- Launch the New Backup Job wizard
- Specify job name and description
- Select VMs to back up
- Exclude objects from the backup job
- Define VM backup order
- Specify backup storage settings
- Specify advanced backup settings
- Specify secondary target
- Specify guest processing settings
- Define the job schedule
- Finish working with the wizard