Step 3. Specify Object Storage Settings
At the Bucket step of the wizard, specify Amazon S3 bucket and folder that will be used to store data:
- From the Data center region drop-down list, select a region.
- In the Bucket field, enter a name of the bucket or click Browse to get the necessary bucket.
You must create the bucket where you want to store your backup data beforehand. When you create a bucket, consider Amazon bucket naming rules. It is not recommended that you use dots (.) in the bucket name. For more information on bucket naming rules, see AWS Documentation.
- In the Folder field, enter a cloud folder name to which you want to map your object storage repository. Alternatively, click Browse and either select an existing folder or click New Folder.
Veeam Backup & Replication supports specific storage classes. For more information, see Considerations and Limitations.
- Select the Limit object storage consumption to check box to define a soft limit that can be exceeded temporarily for your object storage consumption. Provide the value in TB or PB.
- Select the Make recent backups immutable for check box to prohibit deletion of blocks of data from object storage. Specify the immutability period. For more information, see Immutability.
- If you plan to access your backup data in an infrequent manner, select the Use infrequent access storage class check box to mark each block as Standard IA (Standard Infrequent Access).
- To enable Amazon S3 One Zone-Infrequent Access, select the Store backups in a single availability zone only check box. For more information, see AWS Documentation.