Importing Certificates from Certificate Store
If your organization has a TLS certificate signed by a CA and the TLS certificate is located in the Microsoft Windows certificate store, you can use this certificate for authenticating parties in the Veeam Backup & Replication infrastructure.
If you update the TLS certificate and use Continuous Data Protection (CDP), you must also update info about the used certificate on the backup infrastructure components used for CDP as described in TLS Certificates.
To select a certificate from the Microsoft Windows certificate store:
- From the main menu, select General Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- In the Security tab, click Install.
- At the Certificate Type step of the wizard, choose Select certificate from the Certificate Store.
- At the Pick Certificate step of the wizard, select a TLS certificate that you want to use. You can select only certificates that contain both a public key and a private key. Certificates without private keys are not displayed in the list.
- At the Summary step of the wizard, review the certificate properties.
- Click Finish to apply the certificate.