To exclude specific machines from the malware detection scan, perform the following steps:
- Open the Malware Detection Exclusions window by doing one of the following:
- From the main menu, select Global Exclusion > Malware Exclusions.
- Open the Inventory view, select the Malware Detection node, and click Exclusions on the ribbon.
- Click Add and select Hyper-V VMs or Physical and cloud machines.
- Select the object from the list and click Add.
- Click Note to provide a description for future reference.
- Click OK.
You can also add the machine to the exclusions list when you mark it as clean. For more information, see Managing Infected Machines.
Malware exclusions are applied only to guest indexing data scan and inline scan and do not affect antivirus scan or YARA scan.