Veeam AI Assistant
Veeam AI Assistant is a chatbot that helps with common issues and questions related to Veeam products. It is trained on Veeam technical documentation to provide accurate answers. You can communicate with Veeam chatbot in any language you want and create both simple and complex inquiries.
Veeam AI Assistant feature is available starting from Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 (build 22.214.171.1241).
Consider the following:
Limitations of Veeam AI Assistant
Veeam AI Assistant has the following limitations:
- There is a limit of up to 30 questions per 24 hours for each license. If this limit is reached, Veeam AI Assistant will stop processing further questions. You can continue using it after the 24-hour timeout expires.
- Veeam AI Assistant is not available on Windows 2012. It requires Windows 2012 R2 or later.
- To use Veeam AI Assistant, you must have an available internet connection on the server that runs Veeam Backup & Replication Console.
Using Veeam AI Assistant
To start a new conversation:
- Click Veeam AI Assistant button located in the upper right corner of the Veeam Backup & Replication window.
- In the chat window, type the question. Consider the following examples:
- How to create a Replication Job?
- Where are Veeam Backup & Replication logs stored?
- How to change license?
- How can I use Veeam Backup & Replication to make sure my VMs are regularly backed up, easily recovered, and securely stored?
You can move the chat window and position it anywhere within the UI. The window remains open alongside any wizard.
- Click Send button or press Enter to send your question.
- When you do not need AI Assistant, you can do the following:
- Click Minimize to hide the chatbot window and preserve the conversation in the current session.
- Click Plus or Close button to erase the conversation and its context.
The replies from the Veeam AI Assistant are standardized text blocks in Markdown format. At the end of every answer, the chatbot adds links to relevant Veeam documentation and KB articles. Screenshots and images are not supported.
If you find the answer to be insufficient, you can add more details. The bot retains the conversation context and previous questions within a current session, so you do not have to repeat anything.
If the Veeam AI Assistant service becomes overloaded, the question may get canceled.