Restore to Google Compute Engine
This feature is available in Veeam Backup & Replication starting from version 11a (build 188.8.131.521).
Veeam Backup & Replication allows you to restore physical or virtual machines from Veeam backups to Google Compute Engine.
You can use Veeam Backup & Replication to perform the following operations:
- Restore machines to Google Compute Engine from backups.
- Migrate machines from the on-premises infrastructure to the cloud.
- Create a test environment in the cloud for troubleshooting, testing patches and updates, and so on.
You can restore machines from the backups of the following types:
- Backups of VMware vSphere or vCloud Director virtual machines created with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines created with Veeam Backup & Replication.
- Backups of virtual and physical machines created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows or Veeam Agent for Linux.
Backups must be created at the entire machine level or volume level.
- Backups of Google Compute Engine VM instances created with Veeam Backup for Google Cloud Platform.
- Backups of Amazon EC2 instances created with Veeam Backup for AWS.
- Backups of Microsoft Azure virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure.
- Backups of Nutanix AHV virtual machines created with Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV.
- Backups of RHV VMs created with Veeam Backup for RHV.
In This Section