Before you create a backup copy job, check the following prerequisites:
- Backup infrastructure components that will take part in the backup copy process must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. These include source and target backup repositories between which backups must be copied.
- The target backup repository must have enough free space to store copied backups. To receive alerts about low space on the backup repository, configure global notification settings. For more information, see Specifying Other Notification Settings.
- If you plan to use pre-job and/or post-job scripts, you must create scripts before you configure the backup copy job.
- [For backup mapping] The backup copy job can be mapped to a backup if the backup chain is created with the incremental backup method. You cannot map the backup copy job to a backup if the backup chain is created with the reverse incremental backup method or contains both incremental and reverse incremental restore points (for example, if the backup chain was transformed).
If you plan to use WAN accelerators for backup copying, check the following prerequisites and limitations:
- Source and target WAN accelerators must be added to the backup infrastructure and properly configured. For more information, see Adding WAN Accelerators.
- A license for Enterprise Plus Edition for Veeam Backup & Replication must be installed on the backup server.
- It is recommended that you pre-populate the global cache on the target WAN accelerator before you start the backup copy job. Global cache population helps reduce the amount of traffic transferred over WAN. For more information, see Populating Global Cache.
- You cannot use WAN accelerators for backup copy jobs that copy backups of Amazon EC2 instances
Send feedback | Updated on 7/16/2019