Veeam Backup & Replication offers the following opportunities of data transfer to and from the capacity extent:
- Copy policy: the backups are copied to the capacity extent automatically.
- Move policy: the inactive backup chains can be transferred to the capacity extent.
- Previously offloaded data can also be downloaded from the capacity tier back to the performance extents.
To manage data transfer to and from the capacity extent, Veeam Backup & Replication uses system sessions.
The following types of backup files can be moved or copied to capacity tier:
- Regular backups
- Veeam backups for Amazon, Google and Microsoft Azure (via backup copy jobs)
- Backups created with Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows, Veeam Agent for Linux, Veeam Agent for Unix or Veeam Agent for Mac
- Backups created with Veeam Plug-ins for Enterprise Applications (Oracle RMAN, SAP HANA, SAP on Oracle)
- Backups created with Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV
- Backups created with VeeamZIP jobs
- Exported backup files
- Orphaned backups
Imported backups cannot be copied or moved to capacity tier.
In This Section