After you have completed moving backup data to the Azure Data Box device, you need to ship this device back to Microsoft so that this data can be synchronized with your Azure storage account.
To prepare Azure Data Box for shipping, do the following:
- Put an object storage repository that is associated with the Azure Data Box device into Maintenance mode, as described in Switching to Maintenance Mode.
- Perform the steps described in this Microsoft article.
- Wait until the device is accepted by Microsoft and notifications about successful data upload to your Azure storage account is received.
- Add an Azure blob storage, as described in Adding Azure BLOB Storage.
- In the Capacity Tier step, change your Azure Data Box object storage to Azure blob storage that you have created in the previous step.
- Remove Azure Data Box object storage from the Veeam Backup & Replication backup infrastructure, as described in Removing Object Storage Repository.