Before you restore a machine to Amazon EC2, mind the following requirements and limitations:
- The Veeam backup server and repositories with machine backup files must have access to the Internet.
If backup files are located on deduplicating storage appliances or shared folder repositories, the Internet connection is required for gateway servers that communicate with these repositories.
- You must have a backup of the machine that you plan to restore to Amazon EC2.
- Make sure that the account used to connect to AWS has permissions to restore to Amazon EC2. For more information, see AWS Account Permissions.
- If you restore machines from backups created with Veeam Backup & Replication, check the supported OS and EC2 instance types in the Amazon EC2 documentation.
- If you plan to assign AWS tags to the restored machine, check limitations for tags in the Amazon EC2 documentation.