Step 8. Specify Proxy Appliance
At the Proxy Appliance step of the wizard, you can specify proxy appliance settings. A proxy appliance is an auxiliary Linux-based instance used to upload disks of a backed-up workload to Amazon EC2. For more information on the proxy appliance and requirements for it, see Proxy Appliance.
To specify proxy appliance settings, do the following:
- Select the Use the proxy appliance check box.
- Click Customize.
- From the EC2 instance type list, select the instance type for the proxy appliance.
- From the Subnet list, select the subnet for the proxy appliance.
- From the Security group list, select a security group that will be associated with the proxy appliance.
- In the Redirector port field, specify the port that Veeam Backup & Replication will use to route requests between the proxy appliance and backup infrastructure components.