Performing Antivirus Scan
To perform the antivirus scan during the restore session, do the following at the Secure Restore step of the restore wizard:
- Enable the Scan the restored point with an antivirus engine option.
- Specify the behavior scenario if malware activity is found. For more information about available options, see the following sections:
- Secure Restore settings for Instant Recovery
- Secure Restore settings for Entire VM Restore
- Secure Restore settings for Disk Export
- Secure Restore settings for Restore to Microsoft Azure
- Secure Restore settings for Restore to Amazon EC2
- Secure Restore settings for Restore to Google Compute Engine
- If you want to continue the antivirus scan after the first malware is found, select the Continue scanning all remaining files after the first occurrence (Scan the entire image – before Veeam Backup & Replication 12.1 (build 22.214.171.1241)) check box.
For ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 9 and earlier, the Continue scanning all remaining files after the first occurrence option is supported with limitations. If the option is not selected, the antivirus scan will continue for the volume where malware activity was detected. Other volumes will not be scanned.
Note that if the antivirus is not installed or the configuration file is improperly configured, Veeam Backup & Replication will display a warning. In that case, to pass the step with secure restore settings, you can do one of the following:
- Set up the antivirus software properly.
- Clear the Scan the restored point with an antivirus engine option.
- Use YARA scan. For more information, see YARA Scan for Secure Restore.