NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM Limitations
If you plan to perform operations with NetApp Data ONTAP/Lenovo Thinksystem DM storage snapshots, consider the following limitations:
- Volumes with NetApp SnapLock enabled are not supported.
- [For Veeam Agent integration] When the storage is added as a specific SVM, and not as a whole cluster, you must set up Aggregation List for vServer so that FlexClone Volume will work properly. Otherwise, errors like this will arise: "Cannot create volume. Reason: aggregate aggr1 is not in aggr-list of Vserver svm-dr-nfs".
- [For VMware, NAS, Veeam Agent integration] Depending on the protocol type and operating mode of the storage system, Veeam Backup & Replication uses different technologies to perform Backup from storage snapshots.
You may need to install additional licenses. You need to install one license, even if several technologies can be used for snapshot clone creation.
- [For NAS integration] NetApp FlexGroups are not supported for storage snapshot integration scenarios (including NAS Backup).
- [For NAS integration] The snapshot directory must be visible in the NFS or SMB shares. To learn more about making the snapshot directory visible, see NFS and SMB (CIFS) Protocols.