Before You Begin
Before you add a scale-out backup repository to the backup infrastructure, check the following prerequisites:
- Backup repositories that you plan to add as performance extents to the scale-out backup repository must be added to the backup infrastructure. For more information, see Adding Backup Repositories.
- You must check limitations for scale-out backup repositories. For more information, see Limitations for Scale-Out Backup Repositories.
- An object storage repository cannot be added as part of two or more different scale-out backup repositories at the same time.
- If the selected object storage contains offloaded backup data, you will be offered to synchronize this data with your performance extents.
For more information, see Synchronizing Capacity Tier Data.
- Object storage that contains imported backups cannot be added as a capacity extent.
For more information, see Importing Object Storage Backups.
- You cannot add the same object storage repository as the performance extent and capacity extent.
- You cannot use object storage of different providers in the same type of tier.
- You cannot use the object storage repository and the backup repositories in performance tier simultaneously.