Backing Up Configuration Settings Automatically
While performing configuration backup, Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV exports data from the configuration database and saves it to backup files in a backup repository. To instruct Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV to back up the configuration database of the backup appliance automatically by schedule, do the following:
- From the main menu of the Veeam Backup & Replication console, select Configuration Backup.
- In the Configuration Backup Settings window,
- Select the Enable configuration backup to the following repository check box and choose a repository where the configuration backup will be stored. Note that you cannot store configuration backups in scale-out backup repositories and external repositories.
For a backup repository to be displayed in the list of available repositories, it must be added to the backup infrastructure. For more information, see the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Adding Backup Repositories.
- In the Restore points to keep field, specify the number of configuration backups you want to keep.
- Click Schedule and choose whether configuration backups will be created every day or monthly on specific days.
- Select the Enable backup file encryption check box.
- From the Password drop-down list, select a password.
If you do not specify the password, the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV configuration database will be not backed up.
For passwords to be displayed in the Password list, they must be added to the Password Manager as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Password Manager. If you have not added the necessary password to the Password Manager beforehand, you can do this without closing the Configuration Backup Settings window. To add a password, click Add and specify a password and a password hint that will help you remember your password if you forget it.
If you use Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, you can also enable the Loss protection functionality that can help you decrypt the data in case you have lost or forgotten the password. For more information, see the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Guide, section Managing Encryption Keys.
- Click OK.
Once Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV creates a successful configuration backup, you can use it to restore configuration data.