In various disaster recovery scenarios, Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV allows you to perform the following operations using backed-up data:
- Entire VM restore — recover Nutanix AHV VMs to the original location or to a new location.
- VM disk restore — recover a specific VM disk and attach it to the original VM or to another VM.
- Instant VM recovery — instantly start a VM directly from a backup.
- File-level restore — recover individual VM guest OS files and folders.
- Application Items Restore — restore applications, such as Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- VM disk export — restore VM disks and convert them to disks of the VMDK, VHD or VHDX format.
- Restore to AWS — restore Nutanix AHV VMs to Amazon Web Services as EC2 instances.
- Restore to Microsoft Azure — restore Nutanix AHV VMs to Microsoft Azure as Azure VMs.
- Restore to Google Cloud — restore Nutanix AHV VMs to Google Cloud as VM instances.