Accessing Backup Appliance
To access Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV, in a web browser, navigate to the Nutanix AHV backup appliance web address. The address consists of an IPv4 address or DNS hostname of the backup appliance. Note that the website is available over HTTPS only.
The Internet Explorer browser is not supported. To access Nutanix AHV backup appliance, use Microsoft Edge (latest version), Mozilla Firefox (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version).
To access the Nutanix AHV backup appliance from the Veeam Backup & Replication console, do the following:
- In the Veeam Backup & Replication console, open the Backup Infrastructure view.
- In the inventory pane, select Backup Proxies.
- In the working area, select the Nutanix AHV backup appliance and click Open Console on the ribbon, or right-click the Nutanix AHV backup appliance and select Open Console.
Alternatively, you can navigate to the IP address or hostname of the Nutanix AHV backup appliance in a web browser.
The web browser may display a warning notifying that the connection is untrusted. To eliminate the warning, you can replace the TLS certificate that is currently used to secure traffic between the browser and the backup appliance with a trusted TLS certificate. To learn how to replace certificates, see Appendix B. Installing Custom Certificate.
- On the welcome screen, specify credentials of the user account.
If you are an administrator and you log in for the first time, use credentials of the account that you have specified during the initial backup appliance configuration. In future, you can add other user accounts to grant access to Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV. For more information, see Managing User Accounts.
If you do not remember the password, you can reset it by running the Nutanix AHV backup appliance in recovery mode. For more information, see this Veeam KB article.
- [Applies only if MFA is enabled for your user account] Enter a verification code sent to your trusted device.
- Select the Remain logged in check box to save the specified credentials in a persistent browser cookie so that you do not have to provide credentials every time you access the backup appliance in a new browser session.
- Click Log in.
To log out, at the top right corner of the web console window, click your user name and then click Log out.