Installing Nutanix AHV Plug-In
The default installation package of Veeam Backup & Replication does not provide features that allow you to protect Nutanix AHV clusters. To be able to add Nutanix AHV clusters and backup appliances to the backup infrastructure, you must install Nutanix AHV Plug-in on the backup server.
If you use a remote Veeam Backup & Replication console, you do not need to install Nutanix AHV Plug-in on the workstation where the remote Veeam Backup & Replication console is deployed. However, you must install Nutanix AHV plug-in on the backup server.
To install Nutanix AHV Plug-in, do the following:
- Log in to the backup server using an account with the local Administrator permissions.
- Download the product installation file NutanixAHVPlugin_126.96.36.199_AHV_188.8.131.52.zip from the Veeam downloads page.
- Open the downloaded archive file and launch the NutanixAHVPlugin_184.108.40.206_AHV_220.127.116.11.exe installation file.
Before proceeding with installation, the installer will check whether you have Microsoft .NET Core Runtime installed on the backup server. In case the required version is missing, the installer will offer to install it automatically. To do that, click OK.
- At the License Agreement step of the Nutanix AHV Plug-In for Veeam Backup & Replication Setup wizard, read and accept both the Veeam license agreement and the 3rd party components license agreement. If you reject the agreements, you will not be able to continue installation.
To read the terms of the license agreement for the 3rd party components, click View.
- At the Installation Path step of the wizard, you can change the installation directory if necessary.
- Click Install to begin installation.