To deploy Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV, do the following:
- Deploy the backup server as described in the Veeam Backup & Replication User Guide, section Installing Veeam Backup & Replication.
Alternatively, you can use a backup server that already exists in your backup infrastructure if it meets the Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV system requirements.
- Install Nutanix AHV Plug-in on the backup server.
- Perform initial configuration of Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV:
- Configure backup repositories where Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV will store backups of Nutanix AHV VMs.
- Add to the backup infrastructure a Nutanix AHV cluster that administers resources you want to protect.
- Deploy a Nutanix AHV backup appliance that will process backup and restore operations.