Restoring Configuration Settings
You can restore the configuration of the Nutanix AHV backup appliance, which can be helpful in the following situations:
Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV offers restore of the configuration database that can be helpful in the following situations:
- The configuration database got corrupted, and you want to recover data from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance got corrupted, and you want to recover its configuration from a configuration backup.
- The backup appliance went down, and you want to apply its configuration to a new backup appliance.
- You want to roll back the configuration database to a specific point in time.
- You want to apply the backed-up configuration of a Nutanix AHV backup appliance version 2.0 (or later) to a newly deployed Nutanix AHV backup appliance.
When you restore the configuration database of a Nutanix AHV backup appliance, consider the following:
- If the Nutanix AHV backup appliance is still present in the backup infrastructure, you cannot restore its configuration to another Nutanix AHV backup appliance added to same backup infrastructure. This limitation prevents collisions between jobs with the same identifiers.
- Network settings of the Nutanix AHV backup appliance remain unchanged. However, you will be able to change the settings in the web console after the configuration restore.
Before you start the restore process, stop and disable all jobs that are currently running.
To restore the configuration database, do the following: