Step 3. Specify VM Configuration
At the Virtual Machine step of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Choose next to the Cluster field, and specify a Nutanix AHV cluster where the Nutanix AHV backup appliance will be deployed in the Select Cluster window.
For a cluster to be displayed in the list of the available clusters, it must be added to the backup infrastructure as described in Adding Nutanix AHV Cluster.
- In the Name field, specify a name for the Nutanix AHV backup appliance.
- Click Choose next to the Storage Container field, and specify a storage container where Nutanix AHV backup appliance system files will be stored in the Select Storage Container window.
For a container to be displayed in the list of the available containers, it must be configured in the Nutanix AHV cluster as described in Nutanix documentation.
- In the Proxy description field, provide a description for future reference. The field already contains a default description with information about the user who added the proxy, date and time when the proxy was added.
- In the Max concurrent tasks field, specify the number of tasks that the Nutanix AHV backup appliance will be able to handle in parallel. If this value is exceeded, the backup proxy will not start a new task until one of the currently running tasks finishes.
The default number of concurrent tasks is set to 4. When you change this value, the wizard automatically adjusts the amount of resources that will be allocated to the VM running as the Nutanix AHV backup appliance. If you want to specify the amount of resources manually, click Advanced. Note that you must take into account the Nutanix AHV backup appliance system requirements.