Configuring Multi-Factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) in Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV is uses the Time-based One-Time Password (TOTP) method that requires users to verify their identity by providing a temporary six-digit code sent by an authentication application to a trusted device.
To enable MFA for a user account, do the following:
- Switch to the Configuration page.
- Navigate to Accounts.
- Select the user account and click MFA > Enable.
- Follow the instructions provided in the MFA Settings window:
- Install an authentication application on a trusted device.
Only Google Authenticator is fully supported by Veeam Backup for Nutanix AHV.
- To associate the authentication application with the authorization server, scan the displayed QR code using the camera of the trusted device. Alternatively, you can open the application on your device and enter a secret key displayed in the MFA Settings window.
- Enter a verification code generated by the authentication application.
- Click Apply.
To disable MFA for a user account, select the account on the Accounts tab and click MFA> Disable.